Friday, December 15, 2006

Phone call

I wasn't going to post personal stuff on this blog, but SORRY! This gets posted. It's a politician...so yea, that's my justification.

So I'm sitting on the couch in my Navy shirt, Navy hat, and Navy Midshipmen jacket on. I just got home from shopping and was dozing off. Mom went outside and the phone rang. I saw it was US CONGRESSM...

My first thought was that...maybe I got it? Cornyn sent a letter to deny me. I didn't figure they would call to deny me...so I answered the phone and it was a guy.

The only correspondence with Carter's office I've had was with a female, Jodell Brooks. This guy asked for me. I told him it was me.

Him: 'Well, this is Congressman John Carter. I just wanted to let you know that I've chosen to nominate you to attend the United States Naval Academy.'
Me: '...Wow. Thank you, sir.'
Carter: 'Thanks for applying. Now you know that the decision about whether you attend or not is up to the Academy, but you have my nomination.'
Me: 'Yes, sir. Thank you, sir.'
Carter: 'I hope you get in. We're behind you and if you need anything, let us know how we can help you. Thank you for wanting and being willing to serve your country.'
Me: 'Well thank you very much, sir.'
Carter: 'You have a good day.'
Me: 'Thank you, sir.'
Carter: 'Bye.'

I wasn't tonguetied, but thank you was kinda the only thing I could think to say. So, that was kinda cool.

I'm glad I was home for that phone call!

1 comment:

MEMEME said...

hey man thats awsome!